Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I thought I loved my iPhone

I recently viewed a YouTube video of the latest concept in cell phones. Nokia is developing a phone with the concept name of Morph. http://tiny.cc/bmD0j


It may look like a regular cell phone but trust me, take the time to watch the first 40 seconds of this video and watch the phone morph!

Morph is a concept demonstrating some of the possibilities in nanotechnologies that might enable future communication devices. If you don’t know about nanotechnology or any of its concepts, watching this 6 minute video will allow you to see what the future holds in store. It’s pretty incredible just to watch a few seconds as the illustrated character morphs her phone(makes it change shape), places a call and then raps it around her arm!

You can also view the Nokia 888 http://tiny.cc/jbQnu (3:41) to watch the young female interacting with her nano- phone.


About half-way through the previously mentioned Morph concept piece, the introduction to another new idea was presented: nano-materials that can be produced to enable solar energy on a larger scale to where future buildings could be covered by solar cells. This material would allow specific chemical compounds to be pulled from the air to create energy for the building. This is because nanotechnology allows control of physical properties at a nanostructure level with single-molecular precision. WoW!!.....


                   …and I thought I loved my iPhone.

No comments: