Wednesday, April 2, 2008






TODAY's WORD--




deus ex machina \DAY-uhs-eks-MAH-kuh-nuh; -nah; -MAK-uh-nuh\,

noun: 1)In ancient Greek and Roman drama, a god introduced by means of a crane to unravel and resolve the plot. 2) Any active agent who appears unexpectedly to solve an apparently insoluble difficulty.


Whenever I hear the words, deus ex machina, I think back to college to my Intro to Theatre Class. We gathered on the commons outside the Jones Theatre building with commissary tomato cans tied to our feet and a very poorly constructed mask impairing our vision. It's the only memory of Greek theatre left in my brain and any form of a deity saving plot immediately conjurs this image to my brain.






The images dotting the page are varyJPG files I picked from googling deus ex machina... I definitely think the Stressed Out Cat is my favorite.




No comments: